Positive Pay files report payments made by check to your banking institution. They can be submitted automatically as part of Payment Process Request (PPR) or separately once the PPR has completed.
With any Oracle Fusion app, configuration is key. Here is part one of two, outlining steps to best configure a customized positive pay file template for Oracle Fusion Payments.
We begin by creating a custom template. First, sign into Oracle BI Publisher using a user assigned with BI Admin role.
STEP 1: Create a Custom Version of the Seeded Template
- Click the “Catalog” link on the upper right corner of the page.
2) Navigate: Shared Folders > Financials > Payments
3) Payment templates are grouped under different reports. Depending on the customization requirement, you must identify the report to be copied to a custom report. Then, click the More link on Disbursement Positive Pay File Formats. Click the Customize option from the list.
4) The application automatically creates a custom report at the following location: Shared Folders > Custom > Financials > Payments
5) All the BI Publisher templates under the report at: Shared Folders > Financials > Payments > Disbursement Positive Pay File Formats are copied to the report at: Shared Folders > Custom > Financials > Payments > Disbursement Positive Pay File Formats.
6) You can now upload your customized template under custom report.
STEP 2: Build BI Publisher RTF Template
1) Use MS Word to edit templates: To customize a template, you must create a new template. You can also modify a seeded one using MS Word.
STEP 3: Upload RTF Template to BI Publisher
1) Set up properties while uploading the RTF template
While uploading RTF templates with output in TEXT, enter the following properties:
- Layout name field: Enter any name.
- Template file field: Search and select the custom template.
- Type choice list: Select RTF template. Select eText template.
- Locale choice list: Select English.
2) Set the default output type for eText template. When you upload RTF templates with output in TEXT, the output defaults to HTML. You must manually change it to TEXT. To change the default output type, perform the following steps:
a) After you upload the RTF template, navigate back to the custom report.
b) Click the “View a List” link on the top right corner.
c) The default format is saved as HTML. From the list, select TEXT.
d) Save the changes.
…and that’s the end of part one! Part 2 of our Oracle Fusion app series will show you how to create the payment format, as well as test a sample positive pay file. Part 2 will be released Tuesday June 28th.