The Cloud is the Limit
SmartDog Services Helps Ignite Restaurant Group Quickly Implement Oracle ERP Cloud to Gain Extensive Capabilities for Their Business.
Ignite Restaurant Group, Inc.
Oracle Environment: Oracle ERP Cloud
Benefits Achieved: In the first month of going live on Oracle ERP Cloud, Ignite leaders reported numerous positive payoffs. Along with using traditional general ledger and fixed asset accounting features, Ignite personnel now can send electronic payments to banks and automatically reconcile bank accounts. Also, they are using the Projects module for new location build-outs and remodeling, and they are taking advantage of built-in BI and reporting features. The IT staff appreciates that the Oracle ERP Cloud system will always be up to date; no IT resources will have to be devoted to patches or updates. Looking ahead, Ignite executives are so encouraged by how quickly and cost-effectively they implemented Oracle ERP Cloud that they are now considering what other company operations may be a good fit to move to the cloud in the near future. Cloud Software Benefits:
- Cost-effective cloud-based ERP system implemented in a matter of months
- A single architecture that offers an extensive footprint, including business intelligence (BI) and reporting capabilities, as well as optical character recognition (OCR) capabilities for automated invoice processing
- Complete outsourcing of all IT ERP infrastructure
- Efficient “best in class” business processes built into the software
- An always-current ERP system with limited IT resources dedicated to maintenance, patching, or updates
Overview Ignite Restaurant Group Inc. (Ignite) is a diversified restaurant company, headquartered in Houston, Texas, that owns and operates two well-known restaurant brands: Joe’s Crab Shack (Joe’s) and Brick House Tavern + Tap (Brick House). Founded in 2008, the company has approximately 139 Joe’s and 21 Brick House locations in 36 states and employs around 10,000 people. Business Challenges: Like many other companies in the restaurant, hospitality, and retail industries, Ignite is a very location-heavy business with multiple brands—and it does not specialize in information technology. All these factors made it difficult to manage a single ERP solution across all operations. For several years Ignite leaders outsourced the majority of ERP-based back office financial operations to a third-party company, including supplier set-up and managing payables. However, outsourcing carried a very high price tag, so in 2014 Ignite executives started to explore new options. They needed to move fast to get a new ERP solution in place because their outsourcing contract was up for renewal in just a few months. Project Challenges:
- Need to quickly bring costly outsourced ERP processes in-house
- Need to build internal competencies on back office practices.
- No systems infrastructure and limited IT competencies in-house.