Helping facilitate the technical upgrade from EBS 12.0.6 to 12.1.3
Pellerin Milnor Corporation
Industry: Materials/Manufacturing/Industrial Equipment
Oracle Environment: Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.3
- Effective project management
- Outstanding communication
- Successful implementation of the upgrade
- Company is now fully compliant
- Better utilization of new features and functionality of EBS 12.1.3
Company Information: Pellerin Milnor Corp., founded in New Orleans in 1947, is a leading producer of commercial and industrial laundry equipment. The company’s products include high-volume commercial washers, dryers, extractors, and coin-operated machinery. With its headquarters in Kenner, LA, Pellerin Milnor has approximately 1,000 employees and reported revenue of $100 million in 2011. Client’s Needs: Pellerin Milnor depends on its Oracle E-Business Suite ERP system to streamline manufacturing and order management to enable the company to continue its success as a world-class manufacturer of commercial laundry equipment. It originally implemented E-Business Suite 12.0.6 several years ago, but IT executives believe it is critical to stay current to achieve optimal support benefits and to take advantage of new features and functions, so they decided to upgrade to E-Business Suite 12.1.3. Pellerin Milnor leaders were well-acquainted with SmartDog Services because SmartDog personnel had provided support services during the initial E-Business Suite implementation project and continued to deliver services on an as-needed basis. For Pellerin Milnor, this strong relationship made SmartDog an excellent choice to help facilitate the technical upgrade toE-Business Suite 12.1.3.
SmartDog Services’s Solution:
Having already managed a wide variety of successful E-Business Suite technical upgrade projects with other clients, SmartDog consultants knew that it would be possible to provide the database administration (DBA) support remotely to augment the skills of Pellerin Milnor’s in-house DBA staff to make the technical upgrade to E-Business Suite flow as smoothly as possible.
In a matter of months, SmartDog team members worked to:
- Determine what remote DBA services would offer the most support to Pellerin Milnor’s in-house DBA staff and work together to create a detailed project action plan.
- Work remotely with in-house DBA staff to provide all required support services, as well as documentation related to support services.
- Manage weekly meetings to review completed projects and outline what else needed to be accomplished to ensure the technical upgrade stayed on schedule.
- Function as a liaison with Oracle to help quickly resolve any service requests or support issues. Help manage the go-live process on the designated weekend.
Benefits Achieved: Pellerin Milnor management is very pleased with the outcome of the technical upgrade project to E-Business Suite 12.1.3. Because of effective project management and outstanding communication between DBA staff and SmartDog consultants, Pellerin Minor IT executives have complete confidence that the upgrade was implemented correctly. Now that the company is fully compliant, its DBA staff can devote resources to implementing new features and functionality included in E-Business Suite 12.1.3.